4. Data retention period We will retain your data whether you become a customer or not for: · As long as necessary to deal with your query · As long as you might legally bring a claim against us · After your account has been closed or otherwise come to an end based on our legal and regulatory obligations to keep records of transactions.
5. Your rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) The General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 is a new data protection law which comes into full effect on the 25th May 2018. It replaces the Data Protection Act of 1998 (DPA 1998). GDPR addresses the main principles of data protection and the potential export of personal data outside the EU and EEA. The GDPR aims primarily to give control to citizens and residents over their personal data, this includes:
If you would like further information about data protection you can visit the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) at ico.org.uk. The ICO is the UK’s independent authority set up to uphold information rights in the public interest and data privacy for individuals. We comply with all ICO regulatory and statutory requirements. You have the right to make a complaint to the ICO regarding the handling of your data.
7. International transfers Your personal data may be transferred outside the UK and the European Economic Area. If these countries do not have adequate protections for personal data under applicable laws we will take all necessary steps to safeguard your personal data.
8. Opting out of marketing communication Please be aware that we do sometimes send marketing communications that promote our products and services and those of our strategic partners. When we collect information directly from you we may ask you if you do not want to receive our marketing communications. We will respect your choice as to what communications you wish to receive and how these are sent. You are free to opt out of receiving all communications from us and our strategic partners at any time by contacting us.
12. Important information Information Fulcrum Maritime Systems Limited hold about you, will be used to provide the products and services requested and for identification, account administration and fraud/loss prevention purposes.
13. Enquiries regarding the website or Policy If you have questions or concerns about our Policy, how we process your personal information, or would like us to correct your personal information, please contact us at: Fulcrum Maritime Systems Limited, 3 Park Mews, 15 Park Lane, Hornchurch, RM11 1BB, telephone: + 441708 788 400